Thursday 2 August 2012

Building a 2012 PC


We've passed the midway point of 2012 and as far as Computers are concerned a lot has been taking place. Intel released the 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processors earlier on in the year, nVidia pipped AMD with their Tahiti GPU's and SSD's are becoming fast a key requirement in current PC builds. My current 2008 PC is running flawlessly except for the cooling fan on the X1960 GT which died but it's about time for an upgrade, or better yet, a complete new 2012 system. 

Here is my current 2008 PC :

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS 9500AT
Motherboard: Asus P5WDH-Deluxe ATX  LGA775 Motherboard 
Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950GT
Case: CoolerMaster Centurion 534 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Zalman 600PS ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 
Mouse: Logitech G9 Wired Laser Mouse 

I'll post detailed specs of the rig that will replace the above system in my next post, but for now the white Corsair 500R pictured above is the case that I decided on. In other news, I also 'upgraded' to Samsung's Galaxy SIII, a review of that will follow soon. 


C3 Magazine will be starting anew with a website in the works and it will feature an article on Indie gaming and the benefits of HDD's vs SSD's among other reviews for the Oct/Nov issue, which I am currently working on. I'll try to post some pictures of all the individual components i'm using in my new PC build and hopefully I can put up a guide on how to assemble and find out which part is ideal for a system. Till then i'll be looking for a good deal on the Processor and Motherboard. Stay tuned :)